Saturday, November 7, 2009

Non Self Aware Ass Hole week of Nov 1-7 2009






Jamarcus Russell:


"I did a pretty good job," Russell said after the game. The game Jamarcus was referencing was a loss to the Chargers where he threw for 109 yards, an int, no touchdowns and a fumble.


Allen Iverson:

"I had no problems (with the hamstring). I had a problem with my butt sitting on that bench for so long," Iverson told the Memphis Commercial Appeal.

When a reporter suggested that the Grizzlies' bench needed Iverson's scoring punch, he disagreed.

"No. I'm not a bench player. I'm not a sixth man," Iverson added. 'Look at my resume and that'll show I'm not a sixth man. I don't think it has anything to do with me being selfish. It's just who I am. I don't want to change what gave me all the success that I've had since I've been in this league. I'm not a sixth man. And that's that." - (from the Memphis Commercial Appeal)

Iverson had missed the entire preseason and first 3 games with an injury and had not been with the team.


Roy Williams:


"I'm the No. 1 receiver," Williams said. "But things are just going No. 2's way."

The No. 2 is Miles Austin, who has produced like a Pro Bowler since moving into the starting lineup. Austin has set an NFL record with 482 yards in his first three starts, scoring on five of his 21 receptions during that span.

Compare that to Williams' statistics in 16 games since arriving from Detroit in a blockbuster deal: 33 catches, 447 yards and three touchdowns.

Considering those numbers, how could Williams possibly still see himself as the Cowboys' No. 1 receiver?

"He gets the ball thrown correctly his way," Williams said of Austin. "I'm stretching and falling and doing everything. Everybody [else] who's been here's balls are there. Our footballs [from Romo to Williams] are everywhere right now."

Williams has caught only 14 of 37 passes thrown his way this season. Only four receivers in the league who have been targeted at least 25 times have caught a lower percentage of passes aimed at them. - (from ESPN.com


Roy Williams was complaining AFTER THE COWBOYS WON THE GAME!



(Drumroll) And the "Non Self-Aware Asshole of the week" is........


Allen Iverson! Simply because he did the same thing in Detroit last year when a mid season trade pushed him into the 6th man role. This offseason as a free agent he knowingly signed with a team that used a high 1st round pick in 2007 on a point guard (Mike Conley), and a 2008 high first round pick on a 2 guard (OJ Mayo, who had 40 the game before Iverson returned). Iverson knowingly interjected himself into this situation, what did he expect, that they would stunt the growth of the futures of the franchise (calling the Grizzlies an actual NBA franchise is a stretch, but bear with me) to accommodate a 34 yr old on a 1 year deal? Are you surprised Iverson is on his 4th team in 4 years? Me neither.



No comments: